Warm Audio WA-87R2 Large Condenser Studio Mic, Nickel - Used
Introducing an updated and upgraded '87 style FET Condenser Mic
Just like the vintage microphone, the WA-87 R2 (Revision 2) excels at recording virtually anything. Three polar patterns (cardioid, omni, and figure 8) make sure you're covered for a wide variety of applications, and an 80Hz high pass filter reduces low-frequency rumble if needed. The switchable -10dB pad comes in handy when you want to record extremely loud sources and not overload the internal electronics.
The WA-87 R2 works brilliantly on vocals, drum overheads, guitars, piano, auxiliary percussion, brass, strings, and more. Not only that, it's the same price as the original WA-87, so you can afford to have several in your mic locker!
- Large diaphragm studio condenser microphone, with a faithful reproduction of the original vintage 87-style circuit
- All discrete premium components, including NOS Fairchild transistors and WIMA/Nichicon capacitors
- Custom Cinemag USA output transformer
- WA-87-B-50V capsule--reproduction of classic dual backplate (four-wire termination) K87 capsule
- Nickel-plated brass body
- Three polar patterns: cardioid, figure-of-eight, and omnidirectional
- -10dB pad and 80Hz high pass filter
- Frequency response: 20Hz - 20kHz
- SPL: 0.5% THD @ 125dB (without pad), 132dB
- Diaphragm: 6-micron thickness, gold-sputtered membrane, NOS mylar (PET film)
- Noise: -117dB
- Included accessories: wooden storage case, hard mount, and shock mount